Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Where have all the #Wikimania videos gone?

I really wanted to see the #Wikia presentation on their internationalisation and localisation at this year's Wikimania. As we were assured that not only would all the presentations be streamed but they would become available on line, I was willing to give it a miss. I was elsewhere talking, meeting, doing what makes Wikimania so wonderful.

Pushing MediaWiki Internationalization
View more presentations from Tim Bartel.

Tim "Avatar" Bartel pointed me to slideshare where I could at least get a great impression of his talk.

I am looking forward to the video's but here at least are the slides of one of the presentations I was sad to miss.
Thanks,
     GerardM

2 comments:

Avatar said...

Thanks. You're raising a good point. I'm also interested in the videos of several talks that I have missed.

kpjas said...

My Wikimania 2010 experience without those video recordings will be reallz inomplete. I have counted on the organisers' reassurance that not in a distant future they will be available online. :-(