Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OpenID is a good idea, but how to use it really?

At the moment I am testing and documenting the Wikiation Extension Testing Environment (WETE). This means that I find myself installing all kinds of MediaWiki extensions and see to what extend I can install them.

Many of the extensions implement good ideas and particularly those good ideas I feel strongly about, I try to implement with the Wikiation Installer. When I can install them successfully, when the extensions can be tested successfully I can better argue why a particular extension is important.

OpenID is one idea that I think should be supported. I have my OpenID and, I have started to associate my profiles with my OpenID. I thank AboutUS, among others, for making my web presence more secure.
Thanks,
GerardM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or else use Glynx - an OpenID solution that works p2p from your PC without passwords - so no server stores your userid/passwords anywhere.

Greg